Just One Wish...


What would you ask for if you could get just one wish?


I know what I would ask for; I would ask to be given the same opportunity that Adam had. If you stop to think about this, what would that exactly entail? Well, according to the story of creation, Adam was created first, and Eve was made from Adam’s rib, and she was presented to him. They were told they were husband and wife. He was so happy that he said “At last, this is flesh of my flesh; and bone of my bones.” He now had a female mate to keep him company and be a complement of him. 



In the garden of Eden, Adam and Eve were perfect. Just imagine if you are able, that was a perfect body and a perfect brain. What could be contained in a perfect brain? In my mind’s eye, I would never forget anything, not names, or conversations, or anything I have ever learned in my life. Problem-solving would not be a problem. We could easily learn any type of work that we wished to learn and only have to be told how
to do things once. Imagine the room in our brains for more storage than the biggest computer to date. I would be exquisitely happy if I could wake up with no aches and pains, and I imagine every human on the earth would feel the same way.                                                                                             What would you wish for?

The things that I have learned in my life are so small compared to what I would love to explore and learn about. I would love to learn to play many instruments. I want to know all the species of animals, plants, fish, and trees. I want to see all the fish under the ocean's waters. Then there is food; so many foods I’ve never known and let alone tasted. I would have also always liked to have my hands in the dirt to grow things, but the heat and the sun have been my adversaries. We get sick, old, and die. Right now that is a fact of life. Will it ever be any different than it is today? What would be the benefit of that?          What would you wish for?


How would the earth be? Would there be global warming today? How about air, water, and soil pollution? Would they be here today, or would the earth be perfect too? It would have to be since mankind would not be ruining the earth. Think how green the grass would be, the deserts would be filled with life and beauty, the oceans would be oh so blue. That is to say that man is ruining the earth; all because of greed, selfishness, and wickedness in the world. Think of what the earth would have been had Adam not sinned. There would be no imperfection. The boundaries of the Garden of Eden would have been extended by now with all the people making the whole earth into the Garden of Eden.                    What would you wish for?

There would be no death. It’s interesting that the sentence God passed on Adam was death. Sin is missing the mark of perfection. Since Adam missed the mark of perfection by not obeying God, he could not pass on anything else but imperfection to his children. Imperfection leads to death. God said that Adam would die and so he did. God said as he pronounced sentence on Adam that when he died he would return to the ground; for dust he was, and to dust, he would return.                         What would you wish for?

If all people were perfect just think; there would be no one picking up a gun to kill another, no wars, no starvation, no physical, mental, or sexual abuse. That one wish would sure cover every wish anyone could want. No sickness of any kind. No doctors, nurses, or any kind of medical personal needed. No lawyers would be needed ever because everyone on the earth would perfect and could settle any differences if there were any. Husbands abusing their wives would be unheard of and instead of abuse, all husbands would be handling headship in the correct way. I could live with all those things that Adam robbed from us.      What would you wish for?


The money would not be needed as everyone would share with their neighbors and not be selfish. The barter system would be the way to go. This could have been mankind’s fate. Everything would go as it would have in the Garden of Eden if only Adam didn’t sin. Why did Adam’s sin cost us these precious things? One command, just one command; he told Adam to obey. God knew what was good for them, but Adam chose to disobey. If you were to read Genesis chapter three you would see that it is very, very interesting what actually happened there in the Garden of Eden. What question did that raise? God told him the consequences for his disobedience and he carried it out. I would need just one wish.    What would you wish for?


Jesus spoke about the resurrection more than one time and said that he would call, and all the residents of the dust would hear his voice and come out. When I was doing my family history, I became infatuated with my relatives from not too many generations before me. I am looking forward to seeing them here on the earth and I’ll have so many questions to ask of them. I’m curious to ask why they did some of the things they did. Why did my great uncle lie...   He told the same lie to the newspapers in New Zealand and in court. Why would he do that? I don't know why he lied, but that one lie caused him a lot of trouble.               What would you wish for?


Adam was told he would die, and die he did. Adam could not pass on eternal life as he had no eternal life in him; he died passing death to all humans. Just one wish, which is all it would take to wipe out generations of imperfection, anguish, sin, lies, treachery, abuse, anger, national pride, and death. Imagine if you are able to; earth filled with no more wicked people. Left on the earth there would only be left people who obeyed God’s instructions.                  What would you wish for?

Comments

Popular Posts